Excited to see Durham on the map of all-things-creative in the Triangle with the upcoming AIGA Raleigh Durham Studio Tour 2015. On April 16, from 5:30-9 p.m., 13 fantastic studios will open their doors to the public. Companies will meet the community, and the community will get a peek behind the scenes of Durham’s creative agencies.
Durham is a vibrant town, from the entrepreneurial center of the American Tobacco Campus, through the arts’ Mecca of the Golden Belt, to the culinary scene that has earned the title of the “Tastiest Town in the South” from Southern Living Magazine. Durham is a down-to-earth place where creatives of all walks of life live and work.
A diverse group of creative companies will welcome visitors and share insights about their work:
- Letterpress printers: Brian Allen-Letterpress Printing and Shed Letterpress
- Design studios: Hey Monkey! Design & Print, and Kompleks Creative
- Web design and development agencies: Caktus Group, Cuberis, Smashing Boxes, and Viget
- Marketing firms: Engine Brandmakers, Method Savvy, The Paragraph Project, and The Republik
- E-learning design agency: Weejee Learning
Stay tuned! The self-guided Durham Studio Tour is free. In early March, AIGA Raleigh will be launching a dedicated website which I have had a pleasure to develop based on the design by Fab Bianchi under art direction by Nikki Litts and Lenny Terenzi. The website will feature links to free registration; a Google map with agency locations, parking options, and biking paths; and a link to download of a hard copy of the map to help you navigate your way between studios.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions. Otherwise, see you at the Durham Studio Tour on April 16!